Self Introduction Letter

 

Dear Professor Blackstone,

I am writing this email to introduce myself as a student from MEC 1281 – T3. My name is Rayner, and I pursued a diploma in mechanical engineering with business management in Ngee Ann Polytechnic. During my internship, I was assigned the role of a test engineer to conduct trials on an autonomous bus. Since then, I have developed an interest into autonomous vehicles, and I aspire to play a role in advancing the utility of technology onto the roads of Singapore. Apart from my pursuit in engineering, I had competed in various sports such as tchoukball, badminton and swimming during my adolescent years.

My strength in communication lies in my ability to juggle between being a listener and a speaker. I believe that both aspects are important for communication to be effective, and for conversations to flow smoothly. Regarding my weakness, I have a bad habit of hesitating before I speak. This could be attributed to a lack of confidence due to the endless stream of doubts that flood my mind. To overcome this weakness, I plan on listening to cheerful songs in the shower before I start my day. 

By the end of the module, I aim to develop a better command of the english language and become a more confident speaker. Personally, I believe that communication is a vital skill, not only as an undergraduate but as a human—as we are social creatures.

On a different note, I believe that my resilience is what makes me unique. Despite the setbacks faced, such being retained in secondary school, I continue to work towards the ambitious standards that I set for myself.

I hope this letter gives you a better understanding of myself.  I have been enjoying your lessons so far and I am looking forward to learning from you in the coming weeks.

Regards,

Rayner


Commented on the following blogs:

1) Yan Ning 

https://yanningg.blogspot.com/

2) Fan 

https://fanphan.blogspot.com/

3) Valencia 

https://valencialau2102454.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. Hi Rayner,

    It was interesting to read your email and learn more about you. In terms of organization, your email was well organized. This was a very well-written email.

    The paragraphs were cleanly spaced and well arranged, allowing the reader to absorb the content at their own pace. Although I believe you can explain more on how you plan to kick off your bad habit of hesitating. Other than that, your email is interesting and has a good flow.
    The email demonstrated your excellent mastery of the English language. I hope you are able to achieve your objective and hesitate less. I want to interact with you more in the future, and I look forward to our lessons together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Valencia,

      Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. I have made the necessary changes. Looking forward to our lessons together! :)

      Regards,
      Rayner

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rayner,
    Glad to know you have many hobbies and skillset, letter is short and sweet, clear and concise however the below sentence :"This could be attributed to a lack of confidence, due to the endless stream of doubts that flood my mind." comma could be removed to enable a smooth flow of sentence.
    Overall, letter was well written, hope we can interact more and get to know each other better through this module!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fan,

      Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. I have made the necessary changes. I hope to get to know u more as we progress with the course! :)

      Regards,
      Rayner

      Delete
  4. Dear Rayner,

    Thank you for this detailed letter. It's clear, succinct and informative. You do a good job covering the assignment brief as you detail your educational background and experience in poly and in your internship, connecting your interest in autonomous vehicles and study choice. In the latter paragraphs you mention your development of communication skills and your goals. It's enlightening for us readers to learn about your work on the bus trials project, in particular, and the inspiration that you experienced from that.

    This letter is also quite fluent, though there are a minor language issues with the following:
    1. overuse of caps
    -- ...I pursued a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with Business Management.... > ?
    -- a better command of the English Language > ?

    2. word forms
    -- such as retaining in secondary school, > being retained

    I'm glad you like the module so far. I look forward to reading more from you.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Professor Blackstone,

      Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. I have made the necessary changes. Looking forward to learning from you in the coming weeks! :)

      Regards,
      Rayner

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts